Feb 1, 2012

Summer Brekky!



Welcome to the new year, 2012! 

It has been a wee while since I last wrote a proper post to share with you other than a few photo's here and there. So upon thinking about the blog today while eating my breakfast, I felt inspired to share what I was having for breakfast with you.

Usually I am a Porridge girl for breakfast. Or simple Papaya. 
Today though I felt like something cooling and fresh. Something very alive. And so I made one of my new simple favourite recipes - photographed above and here I am going to share it with you!

Sugar free, Dairy free & Grain free Coconut & Apple Granola!

The ingredients:

- 1 drinking coconut (flesh from inside)
- 1 organic apple
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic cardamon powder
- as much toasted shredded coconut as you'd like to use as a garnish.

The process of making it was simple. 

1. First scoup the flesh of the coconut out with a spoon and dice into small squares.
2. Cut up your organic apple into small fine squares
3. mix the cardamon and cinnamon into the apple and coconut in a mixing bowl.
4. dry toast the shredded coconut in a stainless steel pot or pan.
5. Voila! Complete... You can now serve it out into your bowl & enjoy the yummy fresh summery goodness of Coconut & Apple!  


Happy Eating ~ as the father of modern medicine, Hippocrates famously said:

"Let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food." ~ Hippocrates 

x Lorien