Sep 18, 2011

Happy Sunflower



Sunflowers are such a 'happy' flower in my books. There is something about the golden yellow petals, the big round centre and the sheer height and size of the sunflower that fascinates me. 

A few days ago I was walking back from the beach as usual after my morning walk - passing the streets I usually pass on my way back home. This time I noticed something different... something unusual that I hadn't noticed before... A patch of tall 'happy' sunflowers out the front of one of the houses!

 It occurred to me as a wonderful idea - to plant such bold flowers out the front of ones house and also as a very unique and slightly random occurrence to behold.

My imagination flashed to an idea- "What if every one planted 'happy' sunflowers out the front of their houses in such a organic and free way as these neighbours of mine have done!?" ...I think it would be impossible not to smile and feel filled with joy. 

Imagine if everywhere you looked the happy face of a sunflower beamed at you to remind you of growing to your highest potential and being fearless in shining your light, love and joy with others! 

I have a happy face right now just thinking about it! 

:) x :)


Photos: Lorien Waldron :)